- eBook:Modern PyQt: Create GUI Applications for Project Management, Computer Vision, and Data Analysis
- Author:Joshua Willman
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:December 29, 2020
- Pages:330 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
PyQt has a vast collection of tools that you can use to create GUIs, many of which seem to go unexplored. In Modern PyQt, you will go beyond some of the fundamental topics of GUI development in order to begin building useful desktop applications. Through extensive examples and hands-on projects, you will explore how to make applications for data analysis and visualization using graphs, computer vision with OpenCV and PyQt, the basics of networking, handling databases with SQL, and more!
Whether you are looking for new ideas to practice your skills as a programmer or you have a specific goal in mind and need some help to get your ideas off the ground, there is something in Modern PyQt for you!
What You Will Learn
- Create cross-platform GUIs with Python and PyQt.
- Understand the important PyQt classes, widgets, and concepts needed for building interactive and practical applications.
- Find out how to embed useful Python modules into your applications to create more advanced GUIs.
- Build useful applications that you can improve or make into something completely new with Python and PyQt.
Who This Book Is For
Intermediate level programmers or above in Python. GUI developers with some experience designing GUIs. Even if they have never used PyQt before, the concepts learned from other toolkits, such as Tkinter or wxPython, can be carried over for developing applications with using PyQt.
Chapter 2: Creating GUIs for Project Management
Chapter 3: Data Visualization and Analysis
Chapter 4: Database Handling in PyQt
Chapter 5: GUIs for Computer Vision
Chapter 6: Visualizing 3D Data
Chapter 7: Introduction to Networking with PyQt
Chapter 8: Creating a Chatbot
Chapter 9: Deploying PyQt Applications