- eBook:SwiftUI Projects: Build six real-world, cross-platform mobile applications using Swift, Xcode 12, and SwiftUI
- Author:Craig Clayton
- Data:December 11, 2020
- Pages:410 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Learn SwiftUI with the help of practical cross-platform development projects
- Understand the design considerations for building apps for different devices such as Apple Watch, iPhone, and iPad using SwiftUI's latest features
- Work with advanced SwiftUI layout features, including SF Symbols, SwiftUI grids, and forms in SwiftUI
Book DescriptionReleased by Apple during WWDC 2019, SwiftUI provides an innovative and exceptionally simple way to build user interfaces for all Apple platforms with the power of Swift.
This practical guide involves six real-world projects built from scratch, with two projects each for iPhone, iPad, and watchOS, built using Swift programming and Xcode. Starting with the basics of SwiftUI, you'll gradually delve into building these projects. You'll learn the fundamental concepts of SwiftUI by working with views, layouts, and dynamic types. This SwiftUI book will also help you get hands-on with declarative programming for building apps that can run on multiple platforms. Throughout the book, you'll work on a chart app (watchOS), NBA draft app (watchOS), financial app (iPhone), Tesla form app (iPhone), sports news app (iPad), and shoe point-of-sale system (iPad), which will enable you to understand the core elements of a SwiftUI project.
By the end of the book, you'll have built fully functional projects for multiple platforms and gained the knowledge required to become a professional SwiftUI developer.
What you will learn
- Understand the basics of SwiftUI by building an app with watchOS
- Work with UI elements such as text, lists, and buttons
- Create a video player in UIKit and import it into SwiftUI
- Discover how to leverage an API and parse JSON in your app using Combine
- Structure your app to use Combine and state-driven features
- Create flexible layouts on iPad
Who this book is forSwiftUI Projects is intended for anyone who is already comfortable with Swift. We do not cover Swift topics in detail, so you need to be familiar with these already. All of the SwiftUI topics are taught as if this is the first time you've learned them and will gradually get more difficult.
Chapter 2: SwiftUI Watch Tour
Chapter 3: NBA Draft – Watch App
Chapter 4: Car Order Form – Design
Chapter 5: Car Order Form – Data
Chapter 6: Financial App – Design
Chapter 7: Financial App – Core Data
Chapter 8: Shoe Point of Sale System – Design
Chapter 9: Shoe Point of Sale System – CloudKit
Chapter 10: Sports News App – Design
Chapter 11: Sports News App – Data