The opening chapters offer an introduction to basic category theory, ideal for readers new to the area. Chapters three through five feature previously unpublished results on coherence and strictification of involutive categories and involutive monoidal categories, showcasing the author’s state-of-the-art research. Chapters on coherence of involutive symmetric monoidal categories, and categorical GNS construction follow. The last chapter covers involutive operads and lays important coherence foundations for applications to algebraic quantum field theory.
With detailed explanations and exercises throughout, Involutive Category Theory is suitable for graduate seminars and independent study. Mathematicians and mathematical physicists who use involutive objects will also find this a valuable reference.
2. Involutive Categories
3. Coherence of Involutive Categories
4. Involutive Monoidal Categories
5. Coherence of Involutive Monoidal Categories
6. Coherence of Involutive Symmetric Monoidal Categories
7. Categorical Gelfand–Naimark–Segal Construction
8. Involutive Operads