- Get up to speed quickly with Foundation's responsive grid system
- Integrate easy-to-configure CSS components into your website
- Add powerful jаvascript plugins to your web pages
Every web designer needs a toolkit. From text editors to graphics programs, from table structures to fluid style sheets, the web designer has many tools and techniques to choose from. Zurb's Foundation framework is an excellent kit for today's web designer. It's fluid, it's easy to work with, it has plenty of components, and most importantly, you can apply your creativity to make your very own designs.
Zurb's Foundation 4 is a practical, easy-to-use toolkit for the layout and construction of web pages. Getting Started with Zurb Foundation 4 introduces Zurb Foundations powerful web design and development toolkit. Learn how to create professional layouts with ease, add powerful CSS and jаvascript components to your pages, and then customize and configure the design to your satisfaction. Understand how to efficiently manage your CSS and layout your pages with SASS, the style sheet language. This book will help you put Foundation 4 to work for you today!
This book documents Foundation's grid system, all its components and plugins, and its generation of custom style sheets. The book serves as an all-encompassing introduction as well as a future reference guide. The foundation of Foundation is its grid system...and there is a whole lot more .
Once you've covered the basics, you'll be ready to advance with SASS, the style sheet language, to customize your installation and layout your pages.
With this book, you will discover all the CSS components and jаvascript plugins that are included in Foundation at the present time and learn how to integrate each of them into your web pages.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the grid system and how it applies to web design
- Tweak your layout to get the best view on mobile and desktop displays
- Incorporate Foundation's CSS components into your web pages
- Configure and customize your CSS components
- Place Foundation's jаvascript plugins where you want them
- Organize your CSS using SASS, the style sheet language
- Create your own custom installation of Foundation with SASS
The book starts with the basics of Foundation and helps you build your skills as you advance from installation to design, configuration, and customization with examples at every step.
Who this book is written for
This book will be of great benefit to web architects, designers, and builders. While it helps to be a programmer, it isn't necessary for this book. You should be familiar with the basic principles of responsive web design and have a desire to create a professional website that looks great on both mobile devices and regular displays.
Chapter 2: Pick and Choose CSS Components
Chapter 3: Pick and Choose jаvascript Plugins
Chapter 4: Advance with SASS