- We bridge the gap between “learning” and “doing” by providing real-world examples that will improve your software development
- Our example-based approach will get you started quickly with software programming, get you up-to-speed with Java 9, and improve your Java skills
- This book will show you the best practices of Java coding and improve your productivity
Book DescriptionThis book gets you started with essential software development easily and quickly, guiding you through Java's different facets. By adopting this approach, you can bridge the gap between learning and doing immediately. You will learn the new features of Java 9 quickly and experience a simple and powerful approach to software development. You will be able to use the Java runtime tools, understand the Java environment, and create Java programs.
We then cover more simple examples to build your foundation before diving to some complex data structure problems that will solidify your Java 9 skills. With a special focus on modularity and HTTP 2.0, this book will guide you to get employed as a top notch Java developer.
By the end of the book, you will have a firm foundation to continue your journey towards becoming a professional Java developer.
What you will learn
- Compile, package and run a trivial program using a build management tool
- Get to know the principles of test-driven development and dependency management
- Separate the wiring of multiple modules from the application logic into an application using dependency injection
- Benchmark Java execution using Java 9 microbenchmarking
- See the workings of the Spring framework
Chapter 2: The First Real Java Program - Sorting Names
Chapter 3: Optimizing the Sort - Making Code Professional
Chapter 4: Mastermind - Creating a Game
Chapter 5: Extending the Game - Run Parallel, Run Faster
Chapter 6: Making Our Game Professional - Do it as a Webapp
Chapter 7: Building a Commercial Web Application Using REST
Chapter 8: Extending Our E-Commerce Application
Chapter 9: Building an Accounting Application Using Reactive Programming
Chapter 10: Finalizing Java Knowledge to a Professional Level