- eBook:Scaling Agile with Jira Align: A practical guide to strategically scaling agile across teams, programs, and portfolios in enterprises
- Author:Dean MacNeil, Aslam Cader
- Data:December 9, 2020
- Pages:326 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Improve coordination and transparency between multiple programs, products, and business portfolios
- Increase customer satisfaction by responding quickly to ever-evolving customer needs
- Deliver higher quality products faster and more predictably with real-time insights and OKR tracking
Book DescriptionJira Align is a platform purpose-built for enterprises to connect strategy with execution and drive transparency, consistency, and predictability at all levels of scale. The platform supports business value delivery in agile frameworks such as LeSS, DAD, and SAFe. It also caters to organizations that mix agile with waterfall to support scaled bimodal delivery.
Starting with an introduction to the platform and its features, this book takes you through the foundational building blocks of Jira Align. You'll learn how an organization can benefit from implementing Jira Align and understand how to connect dimensions such as people, work, time, and outcomes. The book takes you through the typical steps for implementing Jira Align for maximizing outcomes and helps you solve common team, program, and portfolio-level challenges by enhancing visibility, tracking dependencies and risks, and using reports for real-time, distributed decision making. Throughout the book, you'll explore features such as remote agile ceremonies, live roadmaps, and objectives and key results (OKRs). You'll also get to grips with lean portfolio management, financial reporting, and using the program board for planning and execution.
By the end of this book, you'll be well versed in the key features of Jira Align and be able to leverage them to support all levels of agile at scale.
What you will learn
- Understand Jira Align's key factors for success
- Find out how you can connect people, work, time, and outcomes with Jira Align
- Navigate and collaborate in Jira Align
- Scale team agility to the portfolio and enterprise
- Delve into planning and execution, including roadmaps and predictability metrics
- Implement lean portfolio management and OKRs
- Get to grips with handling bimodal and hybrid delivery
- Enable advanced data security and analytics in Jira Align
Who this book is forThis book is for portfolio managers, program managers, product managers, product owners, executives, release train engineers, and scrum masters who want to empower their teams to deliver the right things at the right time and quickly respond to changes in the market. Familiarity with agile frameworks and Jira Software is necessary; the book will teach you the rest.
Chapter 1: Introducing Jira Align
Chapter 2: Implementing Jira Align
Chapter 3: Navigating Jira Align
Section 2: Problem-Solving with Jira Align
Chapter 4: Team Challenges
Chapter 5: Program Planning Challenges
Chapter 6: Program Execution Challenges
Chapter 7: Enterprise and Portfolio Challenges
Section 3: Special Use Cases and Add-Ons
Chapter 8: Bimodal Development, Advanced Data Security, and Analytics