- eBook:Quantum Computing in Practice with Qiskit and IBM Quantum Experience: Practical recipes for quantum computer coding at the gate and algorithm level with Python
- Author:Hassi Norlén
- Data:December 9, 2020
- Pages:390 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Work your way up from writing a simple quantum program to programming complex quantum algorithms
- Explore the probabilistic nature of qubits by performing quantum coin tosses and using random number generators
- Delve into quantum algorithms and their practical applications in various domains
Book DescriptionIBM Q Experience is a leading platform for simulating quantum computers as it helps to implement quantum solutions directly on the cloud. This book will help you get up to speed with programming quantum computers and provide solutions to the most common problems and challenges.
You'll start with a high-level overview of IBM Q Experience and Qiskit, where you will perform the installation while writing some basic quantum programs. This introduction puts less emphasis on the theoretical framework and more emphasis on recent developments such as Shor's algorithm, Grover's algorithm, and the DiVincenzo Criteria. Next, you'll delve into Qiskit, a quantum information science toolkit, and its constituent packages such as Terra, Aer, Ignis, and Aqua. You'll cover these packages in detail, exploring their benefits and use cases. Later, you'll discover various quantum gates that Qiskit offers and even deconstruct a quantum program with their help, before going on to compare NISQ and Universal Fault-Tolerant quantum computing using simulators and actual hardware. Finally, you'll explore quantum algorithms and understand how they differ from classical algorithms, along with learning how to use pre-packaged algorithms in Qiskit.
By the end of this quantum computing book, you'll be able to build and execute your own quantum programs using IBM Q Experience with Python.
What you will learn
- Visualize a qubit in Python and understand the concept of superposition
- Install a local Qiskit simulator and connect to actual quantum hardware
- Compose quantum programs at the level of circuits using Qiskit Terra
- Compare and contrast Noisy Intermediate-Scale Quantum computers (NISQ) and Universal Fault-Tolerant quantum computing using simulators and actual IBM Q hardware
- Mitigate noise profiles in quantum circuits and systems using Qiskit Ignis
- Understand the difference between classical and quantum algorithms by implementing Grover's algorithm in Qiskit
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for developers, data scientists, machine learning researchers, or quantum computing enthusiasts who want to understand how to use IBM Q Experience and Qiskit to implement quantum solutions and gain practical quantum computing experience. Python programming experience is a must to grasp the concepts covered in the book more effectively. Basic knowledge of quantum computing will also be beneficial.
Chapter 2: Quantum Computing and Qubits with Python
Chapter 3: IBM Quantum Experience® – Quantum Drag and Drop
Chapter 4: Starting at the Ground Level with Terra
Chapter 5: Touring the IBM Quantum® Hardware with Qiskit®
Chapter 6: Understanding the Qiskit® Gate Library
Chapter 7: Simulating Quantum Computers with Aer
Chapter 8: Cleaning Up Your Quantum Act with Ignis
Chapter 9: Grover's Search Algorithm
Chapter 10: Getting to Know Algorithms with Aqua