- eBook:Transformational Security Awareness: What Neuroscientists, Storytellers, and Marketers Can Teach Us About Driving Secure Behaviors
- Author:Perry Carpenter
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:May 21, 2019
- Pages:368 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Transformational Security Awareness empowers security leaders with the information and resources they need to assemble and deliver effective world-class security awareness training programs that drive secure behaviors and culture change.
When all other processes, controls, and technologies fail, humans are your last line of defense. But, how can you prepare them? Frustrated with ineffective training paradigms, most security leaders know that there must be a better way. A way that engages users, shapes behaviors, and fosters an organizational culture that encourages and reinforces security-related values. The good news is that there is hope. That's what Transformational Security Awareness is all about.
Author Perry Carpenter weaves together insights and best practices from experts in communication, persuasion, psychology, behavioral economics, organizational culture management, employee engagement, and storytelling to create a multidisciplinary masterpiece that transcends traditional security education and sets you on the path to make a lasting impact in your organization.
- Find out what you need to know about marketing, communication, behavior science, and culture management
- Overcome the knowledge-intention-behavior gap
- Optimize your program to work with the realities of human nature
- Use simulations, games, surveys, and leverage new trends like escape rooms to teach security awareness
- Put effective training together into a well-crafted campaign with ambassadors
- Understand the keys to sustained success and ongoing security culture change
- Measure your success and establish continuous improvements
1. You Know Why
2. Choosing a Transformational Approach
II - The Tools of Transformation
3. Marketing and Communications 101 for Security Awareness Leaders
4. Behavior Management 101 for Security Awareness Leaders
5. Culture Management 101 for Security Awareness Leaders
6. What’s in a Modern Security Awareness Leader’s Toolbox?.
7. Voices of Transformation: Interviews with Security Awareness Vendors
III - The Process of Transformation
8. Living Your Awareness Program Through the Eyes and Lives of Your Audience
9. Putting It All Together
10. Closing Thoughts
11. Voices of Transformation: Interviews with Security Awareness Program Leaders