- eBook:Raspberry Pi Retro Gaming: Build Consoles and Arcade Cabinets to Play Your Favorite Classic Games
- Author:Mark Frauenfelder, Ryan Bates
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:November 12, 2019
- Pages:374 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Start with the big-picture of the Raspberry Pi retro-gaming landscape and the wide range of exciting project opportunities that exist. You'll then discover the various retro-gaming emulation platforms, such as RetroPie and Recalbox, and how to work with ROM files. This book even goes a step further and teaches you how to create game ROMs from your old cartridges! You’ll also study the types of game playing equipment people have made using Raspberry Pis and how to set up a Raspberry Pi with those devices.
Retro-gaming enthusiasts are using the Pi to make a dizzying variety of game playing hardware. There are players that fit in an Altoids mint tin, players that look like classic systems, and players that let you choose from over 20,000 game titles. And there are emulators for every platform imaginable, and many models available online to download and make on a 3D printer or laser cutter. Raspberry Pi Retro Gaming includes everything you need to know about playing retro games on a Raspberry Pi and making cool machines that play thousands of retrogames.
What You'll Learn
- Use Tinkercad to design your own cases
- Get your case 3D printed if you don’t have a 3D printer
- Design parts for laser cutting or jigsaw cutting
- Solder and use electronics components, batteries, and power supplies
- Select and set up different kinds of displays
Anyone interested in playing retrocomputer games and making their own retro-game players.
Chapter 2: Setting Up the Raspberry Pi for Retro Gaming
Chapter 3: A Closer Look at RetroPie
Chapter 4: Enclosure for Your Raspberry Pi
Chapter 5: Modern Fabrication Tools
Chapter 6: Installing the Electronics
Chapter 7: Build a Desktop RetroPie Arcade