- eBook:Practical LXC and LXD: Linux Containers for Virtualization and Orchestration
- Author:Senthil Kumaran S.
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:September 2, 2017
- Pages:174 pages
Practical LXC and LXD begins by introducing you to Linux containers (LXC and LXD). You will then go through use cases based on LXC and LXD. Next, you will see the internal workings of LXC and LXD by considering the repositories and templates used. You will then learn how to integrate LXC and LXD with common virtualization and orchestration tools such as libvirt and SaltStack. Finally, you will dive into containerization and security. The book will explore some of the common problems in security and provide a case study on how containerization can help mitigate some of the operating system-level security issues in an IoT environment.
What You Will Learn
- Get an introduction to Linux containers
- Discover the basics of LXC and LXD
- See use cases that can be solved with LXC and LXD – for developers, devops, and system administrators
- Master LXC and LXD repositories
- Use LXC and LXD with common virtualization and orchestration tools
- Consider a containerization and security in IoT case study
The audience for this book should have basic knowledge of Linux and software development in general. The intended readership is primarily software developers, operations engineers, and system administrators who are interested in devops, though managers and enthusiasts will also benefit from this book.
Chapter 2: Installation
Chapter 3: Getting Started with LXC and LXD
Chapter 4: LXC and LXD Resources
Chapter 5: Common Virtualization and Orchestration Tools
Chapter 6: Use Cases
Chapter 7: Containers and Security
Download Practical LXC and LXD: Linux Containers for Virtualization and Orchestration PDF or ePUB format free