- eBook:Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Guide: A beginner's guide to building apps on the Salesforce Platform and passing the Salesforce Platform App Builder exam
- Author:Paul Goodey
- Data:December 9, 2020
- Pages:328 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
- Prepare for the Salesforce Platform App Builder certification exam by exploring important concepts and expert tips and techniques
- Design the data model, user interface, business logic, and security for custom apps
- Understand the key milestones and considerations when managing an application lifecycle
Book DescriptionDo you want to be able to confidently design and build apps that support business processes within the Lightning Platform? Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Guide not only helps you to do this, but also prepares you for the certification exam.
The book starts by describing the core capabilities of the Lightning Platform. You'll learn techniques for data modeling to design, build, and deploy apps without writing code and achieve rapid results with the declarative capabilities that the Lightning Platform provides. Next, you'll explore utilities for importing and exporting data and the features available in the Lightning Platform to restrict and extend access to objects, fields, and records. You'll also be able to customize the Salesforce Lightning Experience user interface (UI) and build functionality for custom buttons, links, and actions. Later, this certification study guide will take you through reporting and the social and mobile features of the Lightning Platform. Finally, you'll get to grips with Salesforce build environments and deployment options.
By the end of this Salesforce book, you'll not only have learned how to build data models, enforce data security, and implement business logic and process automation, but also have gained the confidence to pass the Platform App Builder exam and achieve Salesforce certification.
What you will learn
- Explore the core features of the Lightning Platform
- Design and build an appropriate data model for a given scenario
- Identify the Lightning Platform's features and capabilities
- Customize the Salesforce Lightning Experience UI
- Implement business logic and process automation
- Identify the capabilities of declarative customization
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for beginners and aspiring developers who want to learn how to build apps on the Salesforce Platform or pass the Salesforce Platform App Builder certification exam. Salesforce administrators and existing Salesforce Lightning Platform developers looking to learn more about the declarative, non-programmatic app building capabilities of the Salesforce Lightning Platform will also find this book useful.
Chapter 1: Core Capabilities of the Lightning Platform
Chapter 2: Designing and Building a Data Model
Chapter 3: Importing and Exporting Data
Section 2: Behind the Scenes
Chapter 4: Securing Access to Data
Chapter 5: Setting Up the User Interface
Chapter 6: Implementing Business Logic
Chapter 7: Building Business Process Automation
Chapter 8: Generating Data Analytics with Reports and Dashboards
Section 3: A Step Closer to the Exam
Chapter 9: Configuring the Mobile Features
Chapter 10: Understanding the Social Features
Chapter 11: Managing the App Building Process
Chapter 12: Studying for the Certified Platform App Builder Exam