- eBook:Building Native Web Components: Front-End Development with Polymer and Vue.js
- Author:Carlos Rojas
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:December 3, 2020
- Pages:241 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Building Native Web Components dives right in and gets you started building your first web component. You’ll be introduced to native web component design systems and frameworks and discuss component-driven development to understand its importance in large-scale companies. You’ll then move on to building web components using templates and APIs, and custom event lifecycles. Techniques and best practices for moving data, customizing, and distributing components are also covered. Throughout, you’ll develop a foundation to start using Polymer, Vue.js, and Firebase in your day-to-day work.
Confidently apply modern patterns and develop workflows to build agnostic software pieces that can be reused in SPAs. Building Native Web Components is your guide to developing small and autonomous web components that are focused, independent, reusable, testable, and works with all jаvascript frameworks, modern browsers, and libraries.
What You Will Learn
- Incorporate component-driven development (CDD) and design systems into your workflow
- Build apps with reusable UI components that are agnostic to jаvascript frameworks
- Utilize Polymer and Vue.js in your day-to-day work
- Publish your UI components in npm (Node Package Manager)
The book is intended for Intermediate–Advanced level readers interested in single-page applications (SPAs), as well as Polymer, Vue.js, and Firebase.
Chapter 2: Custom Elements
Chapter 3: HTML Template
Chapter 4: Shadow DOM
Chapter 5: ES Modules
Chapter 6: Component Architecture
Chapter 7: Distributing Web Components
Chapter 9: Working with Vue.js
Chapter 10: Publishing