- eBook:C# 9 and .NET 5 – Modern Cross-Platform Development: Build intelligent apps, websites, and services with Blazor, ASP.NET Core, and Entity Framework Core using Visual Studio Code, 5th Edition
- Author:Mark J. Price
- Edition:5 edition
- Data:November 10, 2020
- Pages:822 pages
- Explore the newest additions to C# 9, the .NET 5 class library, Entity Framework Core and Blazor
- Strengthen your command of ASP.NET Core 5.0 and create professional websites and services
- Build cross-platform apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android
Book DescriptionIn C# 9 and .NET 5 – Modern Cross-Platform Development, Fifth Edition, expert teacher Mark J. Price gives you everything you need to start programming C# applications.
This latest edition uses the popular Visual Studio Code editor to work across all major operating systems. It is fully updated and expanded with a new chapter on the Microsoft Blazor framework.
The book's first part teaches the fundamentals of C#, including object-oriented programming and new C# 9 features such as top-level programs, target-typed new object instantiation, and immutable types using the record keyword. Part 2 covers the .NET APIs, for performing tasks like managing and querying data, monitoring and improving performance, and working with the file system, async streams, serialization, and encryption. Part 3 provides examples of cross-platform apps you can build and deploy, such as websites and services using ASP.NET Core or mobile apps using Xamarin.Forms.
By the end of the book, you will have acquired the understanding and skills you need to use C# 9 and .NET 5 to create websites, services, and mobile apps.
What you will learn
- Build your own types with object-oriented programming
- Query and manipulate data using LINQ
- Build websites and services using ASP.NET Core 5
- Create intelligent apps using machine learning
- Use Entity Framework Core and work with relational databases
- Discover Windows app development using the Universal Windows Platform and XAML
- Build rich web experiences using the Blazor framework
- Build mobile applications for iOS and Android using Xamarin.Forms
Who this book is forThis book is best for C# and .NET beginners, or programmers who have worked with C# in the past but feel left behind by the changes in the past few years. This book doesn't expect you to have any C# or .NET experience; however, you should have a general understanding of programming.
Students and professionals with a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) background can certainly benefit from this book.
|Download in .ePUB format|
Chapter 2. Speaking C#
Chapter 3. Controlling Flow and Converting Types
Chapter 4. Writing, Debugging, and Testing Functions
Chapter 5. Building Your Own Types with Object-Oriented Programming
Chapter 6. Implementing Interfaces and Inheriting Classes
Chapter 7. Understanding and Packaging .NET Types
Chapter 8. Working with Common .NET Types
Chapter 9. Working with Files, Streams, and Serialization
Chapter 10. Protecting Your Data and Applications
Chapter 11. Working with Databases Using Entity Framework Core
Chapter 12. Querying and Manipulating Data Using LINQ
Chapter 13. Improving Performance and Scalability Using Multitasking
Chapter 14. Introducing Practical Applications of C# and .NET
Chapter 15. Building Websites Using ASP.NET Core Razor Pages
Chapter 16. Building Websites Using the Model-View-Controller Pattern
Chapter 17. Building Websites Using a Content Management System
Chapter 18. Building and Consuming Web Services
Chapter 19. Building Intelligent Apps Using Machine Learning
Chapter 20. Building Web User Interfaces Using Blazor
Chapter 21. Building Cross-Platform Mobile Apps
Download C# 9 and .NET 5 – Modern Cross-Platform Development: Build intelligent apps, websites, and services with Blazor, ASP.NET Core, and Entity Framework Core using Visual Studio Code, 5th Edition PDF or ePUB format free