- eBook:MonoGame Mastery: Build a Multi-Platform 2D Game and Reusable Game Engine
- Author:Jarred Capellman, Louis Salin
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:November 26, 2020
- Pages:341 pages
The MonoGame framework provides an incredible canvas for the programmer to create their next 2D game, and this book teaches you to make the most of it. You will start from the ground up, beginning with the basics of what MonoGame is, the pipeline, and then how to build a reusable game engine on top of the framework. You will deep dive into various components of each aspect of a game, including graphics, input, audio, and artificial intelligence. The importance of game tooling is also covered. By the end, you will have a mastery level of understanding of how to create a 2D game using MonoGame.With a fully functional 2D game, aspiring developers will have the ideal blueprint to tackle their next fully featured game. The material covered is applicable for almost any 2D game project ranging from side scrolling adventures to fighting games.
What You Will Learn
- Learn to build a game with the MonoGame framework.
- Understand game engine architecture and how to build an engine onto the MonoGame framework.
- Grasp common design patterns used in game development and in fully featured engines, such as Unity.
Beginner to advanced MonoGame programmer would find this book helpful. The audience is expected to have a working knowledge of C#.
Chapter 2: Configuring the Dev Environment
Chapter 3: MonoGame Architecture
Chapter 4: Planning Your Game Engine
Chapter 5: Asset Pipeline
Chapter 6: Input
Chapter 7: Audio
Chapter 8: Particles
Chapter 9: Collision Detection
Chapter 10: Animations and Text
Chapter 11: Level Design
Download MonoGame Mastery: Build a Multi-Platform 2D Game and Reusable Game Engine PDF or ePUB format free