Computers & Technology
ISBN: 1783286512 Format: PDF Edition: - Date: June 29, 2015 Pages: 269 pages Language: English
Over 80 hands-on recipes for streamlining development, management, and deployment with Grunt
About This Book
- Describes how to implement automation solutions for common web application development tasks
- Explores configuration variations that are available to the plugins used in each recipe
- A practical guide with clear and concise instructions to build entire web applications easily using Grunt.js
Who This Book Is ForThis book will be useful to anyone who wishes to build anything from a static website to a more modern web application. Some basic jаvascript experience is preferable and some rudimentary knowledge of the Node.js platform could also come in handy.
What You Will Learn
- Automate CSS generation
- Manage asynchronous work inside a task
- Automate HTML and CSS template compilation
- Manage entire web applications using Grunt
- Automate various levels of testing
- Build and publish custom tasks and plugins
- Automate CoffeeScript and LiveScript code compilation
In DetailA web application can quickly turn into a complex orchestration of many smaller components, each one requiring its own bit of maintenance. Grunt allows you to automate all the repetitive tasks required to get everything working together by using jаvascript, the most popular programming language.
Grunt Cookbook offers a host of easy-to-follow recipes for automating repetitive tasks in your web application's development, management, and deployment processes. This book will introduce you to methods that can be used to automate basic processes and your favorite tools. By following the recipes, you will soon be comfortable using Grunt to perform a wide array of advanced tasks in a range of different scenarios.