Building Performance Dashboards and Balanced Scorecards with SQL Server Reporting Services
Discover how to maintain and update balanced scorecards and performance dashboards with SQL Server Reporting Services
Complementing the bestselling Balanced Scorecards and Operational Dashboards with Microsoft Excel (9780470386811), this indispensable book shows you how to create maintainable and dynamically updated scorecards and performance dashboards using Microsoft's premier reporting tool for the enterprise: SQL Server Reporting Services. The book begins with coverage of performance management methods and metrics and then moves on to introduce you to techniques for developing and delivering both a dashboard and balanced scorecard using Reporting Services. The authors assume very limited knowledge of Reporting Services, allowing you to gradually progress through more advanced topics and solutions.
- Shows you how to build a simple dashboard and balanced scorecard utilizing helpful examples
- Discusses formatting controls and labels, paging, and conditional formatting
- Introduces the skills necessary to make Reporting Services dashboards and scorecards interactive
- Covers the visual aspect of dashboards and scorecards and shows how to design and implement dashboards and scorecards in Reporting Services for mobile devices
- Explains how to apply the techniques covered earlier in the book for specific business applications