JIRA Essentials - Third Edition
Computers & Technology / Business & Money
ISBN: 1784398128 Format: PDF Edition: 3rd Revised ed. edition Date: April 27, 2015 Pages: 409 pages Language: English
Use the features of JIRA to manage projects and effectively handle bugs and software issues
About This Book
- Install, build, and implement your own Atlassian JIRA instance to track and manage projects
- Customize your JIRA with data capture and display, workflow design, and security to suit your requirements
- Step-by-step exercises at the end of each chapter for you to try out and reinforce your skills
Who This Book Is ForIf you wish to develop your practical skills with JIRA in order to install, use, and manage your projects, then this is the perfect book for you. You need to be familiar with software project management and basic computer operations, specifically the system on which you will use JIRA.
What You Will Learn
- Learn about the JIRA architecture and essential components that help you prepare for deployments
- Understand JIRA from both an end users and administrator's perspective
- Design and implement custom forms to capture information with custom fields, screens, and validation rules
- Create and design custom workflows with complex validation logic and business rules
- Secure JIRA data from unauthorized access
- Notify users with updates using automated e-mail rules
- Search, report on, and analyze your project progress
- Manage and run projects with Agile methodologies
In DetailAtlassian JIRA is an enterprise issue tracker system. One of its key strengths is its ability to adapt to the needs of the organization, ranging from building Atlassian application interfaces to providing a platform for add-ons to extend JIRA's capabilities.
JIRA Essentials, Third Edition provides a comprehensive explanation covering all major features of Atlassian JIRA, broken down and organized in logical order. The book starts by showing you how to set up your own JIRA instance before introducing you to key features and concepts such as business processes, workflows, e-mails, and notifications. This book will show you how to develop software more efficiently by planning, designing, and customizing your own JIRA implementation. At the end of each chapter, you will have the opportunity to put your newly acquired knowledge into practice by following a step-by-step, hands-on project that you will build throughout the book.