Disaster Recovery using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager
Computers & Technology
ISBN: 1782176446 Format: PDF Edition: - Date: May 26, 2014 Pages: 162 pages Language: English
Learn to deploy and use vSphere Replication 5.5 as a standalone disaster recovery solution and to orchestrate disaster recovery using vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.5
About This Book
- Learn how to deploy and use vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution.
- Configure SRM to leverage array-based or vSphere replication engine.
- Use SRM to orchestrate the execution of recovery plans.
Who This Book Is ForThis book is a guide for anyone who is keen on using vSphere Replication or vCenter Site Recovery Manager as a disaster recovery solution. This is an excellent handbook for solution architects, administrators, on-field engineers, and support professionals. Although the book assumes that the reader has some basic knowledge of data center virtualization using VMware vSphere, it can still be a very good reference for anyone who is new to virtualization.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with disaster recovery concepts
- Deploy vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- Configure vCenter Site Recovery Manager to leverage array-based replication and vSphere Replication
- Enable the protection of virtual machines by creating Protection Groups
- Create and test Recovery Plans
- Migrate virtual machine workload to another site using Recovery Plans
- Perform a Failover in the event of a disaster
- Failback the virtual machines to the Protected Site
- Use vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution
In DetailVMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager automates disaster recovery in a manner that no other solution does. It is programmed to leverage array-based replication and VMware's proprietary vSphere Replication engine.
This book will familiarize you with the concepts of disaster recovery using vCenter Site Recovery Manager and vSphere Replication.
You will learn how to deploy and configure vSphere Replication in the standalone mode to replicate virtual machines. You will also learn how to use vCenter Site Recovery Manager to leverage array-based replication or vSphere Replication, form Recovery Plans and orchestrate them to perform a test, Planned Migration, Failover, or Failback.